Help With Programming
Welcome to the Technical Support and Help page! This helps you with the following:
- Downloading and installing Ubercode.
- Help getting started.
- Example programs that show common programming tasks.
- Technical documents on many aspects of programming.
If your questions are not answered here, use the links at the bottom of the page for asking new
questions. Your suggestions are also welcome.
- What Ubercode packages are available?
- What versions have been released?
- What is the latest version?
- What version do I have?
- How much does Ubercode cost?
- Can I upgrade to a more powerful Ubercode package?
- What kind of computer do I need?
- How is Ubercode tested?
- What are the Technical Specifications of Ubercode?
- What's different about Ubercode?
- Is there a Linux version?
- How do I download
- How long does the download
- What happens when the Trial Pack
- What are the benefits of a
- How do I begin installation of Ubercode
- How do I remove Ubercode programming
- How do I change the Ubercode folder after
- How do I copy the Ubercode folder to
- How do I check Ubercode has been installed
- How do I put a short cut to the Developer
Environment on the desktop?
- Installation Error: File is not a
Windows help file or the file is corrupted
- Installation Error: S32EVNT1.DLL An
installable Virtual Device Driver failed Dll initialization.
- Installation Error: The system file is not
suitable for running MS-DOS and Windows applications.
Getting Started with Programming
- How do I write a starter program?
- How does Ubercode work?
- What help is available when writing a program?
- Where can I find more starter programs?
- How do I run an example program?
Programming - Common Tasks
Applications and Classes
- How do I automatically display a window
when a program starts?
- How do I automatically run code when a
- How do I change the icon used by an
- How do I prevent an application being
- I want to add my own functions to the run
time library. Is this possible?
Arrays, Collections, Lists and Tables
- How do I write a program using an
- How do I sort an array or a list?
- What are the Windows Common Dialogs and
how do I use them?
- What other Common Dialogs are
- How do I use the Windows
- How do I tell if the user pressed Cancel
in a common dialog?
- How do I select more than one file using
- How do I choose a directory or a
- What control objects are available to a
- How do I make control objects run
- How do I enable or disable a group of
controls at run time?
- How do I make a multiline push
- How do I set and test radio
- How do I set up a timer?
- How much text can fit in a Label
- Can the individual controls in a dialog
have different fonts and colours?
- How do I create a simple database?
- How do I loop through the rows in a table?
Date and Time
- How do I find the date and time in a
- How do I make a program pause for a set
- How do I modify my programs to
- Is exception handling
- How do I check for memory leaks in a
Files and Disk Drives
- How do I tell whether a file exists or
- How do I delete a file?
- How do I delete a folder and all its
- How do I copy a file?
- How do I copy multiple files?
- How do I edit the lines in a text
- How do I loop through a file containing
Graphics and Multimedia
- How do I write graphics
- How do I display a picture?
- How do I do graphics using Cartesian
coordinates instead of Windows coordinates?
- How do I find the size of the desktop
- How do I draw into a window with
- How do I call up Help for my programs?
- How do I create help using HTML?
- How do I integrate Help into a program?
- How do I create a Windows Help File?
Menus and Toolbars
- How do I add a menu to a Windows
- How do I add a tool bar to a Windows
Multi Threading and Background Processes
- How do I do background processing?
- How do I avoid locking up the user interface during a lengthy
- How do I make programs show numbers using
- How do I get the Hi/Lo bytes or words from
- How do I write a program that prints some
- How do I print some text from a
- How do I print different fonts on a
Running other Programs
- How do I run another program?
- How do I pass a command line argument to another
- How do I get the task list (list of running
- How do I run an MS-DOS program?
- How do I capture the output of an MS-DOS
- How do I run code in other languages (C, C++, Delphi
- How do I program with
- How long is a string?
- How do I delete from
- How do I copy sections of a
- For Each and Iterate
loops - Programming syntax
- How often does Ubercode language
- What is the difference between "its"
- How do I get system information
such as the disk size etc?
- Is there a list of system
- How do I get the Windows
- How do I read environment
Web and Internet
- How do I write a program that calls up a
- How do I run an EXE file from a web browser?
Windows and Dialog boxes
- How do I write a basic program with a
- What are dialogs, forms, modal and modeless
- How do I create a dialog?
- How do I create a modeless dialog?
- How do I create a modal dialog?
- How do I set the title (caption) in a
- How do I center a dialog box on the
- How do I make a dialog window store its
Programming - Compiling and Distributing Programs
Compiling and Debugging
- How do I fix compiler errors? or
run time errors?
- How do I use the
- Why is the debugger putting
breakpoints in the wrong places?
- How do I distribute my EXE files
- How do I know what files to include in my
- How do I put a link to an EXE file on my
- How do I use an installer to copy my EXE files to
- Where is the run time library installed?
Other Computer Languages and Documentation
International Developer Article
- Reason for a new language
- Parallels with existing languages
- Key new features
- Introductory program
- Difficulties encountered
- Future improvements
Printing with the Windows API
- How do I write a Windows program that
prints using the API?
Programming with C#
- How do I write a program that runs
another EXE file?
- How do I read in a text file?
- How do I write out a text
Programming with C/C++
- How does the Stringizing operator work in
- How do I write DLLs in C/C++ and call them
from different languages?
Programming with SQL Server
- How do I find the SQL Server
- How do I use SQLCMD to connect to SQL
- How do I list all databases known to SQL
- How do I list all tables in one
- How do I use variables with SQLCMD?
- What other useful SQLCMD options are
Programming with the Basic Language
- What constants and types are used in Basic
- What keywords are used?
- What functions are used?
- What statements are used?
Programming with the Windows API
- How do I use the Default Push Button in a
- Is there an LB_SETTEXT message?
- How do I create file associations?
- How do I create a single instance program
using the Windows API?
- How do I handle missing DLLs after installing
software (missing MSVCIRT.DLL file)?
- What is the Command Line Length Limit under
- What information is there for learning how to
- What are the Technical Specifications of
- Is there a Language Report available for
- Is there a list of commands available in
- How to create short-cuts (link files)
Troubleshooting Windows (help for new programmers)
- Where does Windows look for the
programs it runs on startup?
- How do I remove programs that don't
want to be uninstalled?
- How do I stop Windows from hiding my
- How do I make Windows use the
correct date/time format in an MS-DOS window?
- Microsoft Word Annoyances
- How does CD-ROM Autorun
Questions about the Website
- Are there more programming
examples besides the ones on the website?
- Does the website use VBscript
- What browser do I need?
- What speed modem do I
- Does the website have adverts or
- I want to host my own website. Can
you suggest a reliable web host?
Getting more help
- What are the accessibility options?
- How do I get more help?