Crimson Editor and Ubercode

This is the general discussion area. Anything and everything not related to Ubercode.

Crimson Editor and Ubercode

Postby agritron on Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:50 am

I just took a look at Crimson Editor. Is there a way to have Ubercode operate exactly as it does except bring in the crimson editor for the editor function of the program.
I realize you can call up the compiler from crimson and run it. But I was hoping for a more "seamless" way of adding an editor that has line numbers and other features that Ubercode does not yet support. I have read several comments on this site about the using crimson editor.

Thanks,
Terry
agritron
Lurker

Re: Crimson Editor and Ubercode

Postby onykage on Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:25 am

crimson is like any editor you gotta learn it. It wont seemlessly work with ubercode. But what you can do is, open the .cls in ubercode. close the editor but leave ubercode open. then open CE and size it to where you can see the top of the Ubercode ide. And then use crimson accordingly. When you want to compile just click the compile button on the ide. ALl of the ide basics work in this way. Its not perfect but its what I do.

if you need help with installing the key file just let me know.
onykage
Admin

Programming languages: php, java, python, ubercode, easyuo, peril, cobal, pascal, ruby

Postby agritron on Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:58 pm

Thanks for the input, I have downloaded the files you put on the board and I will try to install them.

Terry
agritron
Lurker

Postby agritron on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:21 pm

Does anyone know how to configure Crimson Editor to find the EVENTS in the Ubercode file?
I seen there was a section in one of the files I down loaded from you for EVENTS

The crimson editor is working out very well, thanks Onykage for the lead.

Terry
agritron
Lurker

Postby ubercode on Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:47 pm

We're working on a new part of the forum for Ubercode suggestions. Can you put the line number request there? The idea is topics in the Suggestions forum can spell out the suggestion, and I can see which are most popular :)

To find Events in an Ubercode app, take a look at the Notes in the View-Function List topic in the help. This describes how they should be formatted which should help you configure the Crimson editor to find them.

What things do you most like about Crimson? I can improve the Developer Environment to include them in the next version (hopefully!)
ubercode
Site Owner

Return to The Gap